Seine River, Paris

Seine River, Paris

Pages

Friday 12 August 2016

Furla Metropolis Crossbody Bag - Petrolio A-Green

I recently purchased the Metropolis bag from my local Furla boutique. Having admired the bag for a while but not being able to decide on a colour, as soon as I saw this dark green my mind was made up! (They had a similar colour last winter, but it wasn’t continued). The staff in the store was really friendly and helpful. It didn’t take a lot for me to make up my mind, so I suppose I was a very easy customer!


The Price
The bag normally retails for $449.00 (AUD) but I purchased the bag along with a small coin purse (Babylon Keycase Zip Around in Lampone that retails for $199.00) as they had a promotion that you received $100 off if you spend $599, so I ended up spending about $548.00 for both! 

Functionality
For a small bag, it fits all my belongings very nicely! I generally don’t carry a lot of things around with me, usually phone, purse, lipstick, keys, so I didn’t have to sacrifice much to fit everything in. However, my phone is an iPhone 6 and fits quite snuggly, so if you had a larger phone it might not fit as nicely.
                         

Comfort
The bag is really comfortable and sits on over shoulder nicely. Because the bag is only small it’s difficult for it to become heavy so it doesn’t really pull on your shoulder when you’re wearing it. The chain is a really great length and looks great worn over one shoulder or cross body style.

Leather and wear
The leather on the bag is really nice; the sales assistant in the store told me that it is calf leather that is quite soft and smooth. The leather isn’t too soft though, and because it’s been treated, weathers quite well. I haven’t really put it through a lot yet but it’s had a few drops of water on it and been totally fine when I’ve wiped it off. I read in the care instructions that it’s ok if it gets a bit wet (light rain etc.) but it can mark if exposed to heavy amounts of water or if any water is left on it. 



Overall I’m so happy I bought this bag! I love the dark green colour for winter; I tend to wear a lot of black and white and neutral colours so it adds a bit of interest to my outfits. It’s a really functional bag for me and is great for during the day or going out at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment